Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Get your heart into shape and start now!

So, I've just been to the doctor thanks to the many people in my life affected by high cholesterol and heart disease...and they're all under the age of 50!

My cousin just died about a month ago w/almost 100 percent blockage in several heart arteries, a friend of mine? Exact same thing. Another friend of mine has heart disease caused by sleep apnea; under 45, My father died of a massive heart attack (4th one actually) UNDER 40, and my aunt at the age of 45; heart attack.

And despite your family screams, and begs and pleads with you to stop smoking...nothing resonates more when your family doctor of about 20 years hears your story about your family and friends' history; then he slowly turns around, gives you a pleading look and sincerely states:

"Please stop smoking."

Now, how many of you can actually say your doctor cares so much about you they'd do that? I hope most of you have that wonderful doctor/patient relationship.

Now with that family history in mind let me tell you; I've decided to start a crusade of sorts in this battle of heart disease. I am already a poster child for anti-aging unfortunately not along the lines of Suzanne Somers, but if I had the bread you can bet your bottom dollar I'd be right there with her getting all that therapy and alternative medical treatment. I am anal about keeping my skin and hair as moisterized has humanly possible, I don't have any wrinkles except for a bit of tiny forehead lines that have been slowly been disappearing. I find the moisterize, moisterize, moisterize motto so true and I'm a product of this philosophy.

Time to apply it to my arteries.

Well, not the moisterize bit. I think I'll lay off the refined carbs, uber fats
and add more exercise in my lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...