Thursday, November 1, 2012

Vitamin C junkie here

You know, if you really knew me you'd laugh at the fact how I'm all about Vitamin C.

I don't want to say Vitamin C freak as it downplays the fact I am smart and sensible, and not a hippie freak addicted to Vitamin C (as I'm just a hippie freak) that I'll only take a cold medicine that contains Vitamin C (like in that Vicks commercial from some time ago? Such a flake I almost gave up taking Vitamin C I was so mortified! Idiots...)

Yesh, I most certainly a huge fan as I've literally seen huge improvements in my body; IE, my face, my health, I've noticed warts disappear, my immune system improves, I hardly have wrinkles....uh, yesh. Huge believer in da C!

I'm in my mid 40s and no one is "none the wiser" re: my true age. I'm constantly carded for hooch which cracks me up and freaks out cashiers, but the fact that I look even younger than my 33 year old sister (sorry, girl! LOL) I am convinced it's the Vitamin C. Even Dr. Oz has recently touted Vitamin C with being a great way to stay young!

Now I personally take anywhere between 500-2000 mgs of Ester C. Winter I poke it up to 2000mgs, but overall I take 500mgs a day. When I feel like bleech, I poke it up to 2000mgs.

I use a Vitamin C facial cream from my local vitamin store that contains 3-10% Vitamin C.

I try to wash my face every night but I found it dries me out and I get plugged pores, so every other night I either use my Vitamin C/CoEnzyme facial cleanser or just warm water.

I exfoliate my facial skin every other day (at night time only), cream it up w/the Vite C and every AM just use H20 (warm).

I try my hardest to ingest as much Vitamin C, I take a multi-vite, CoEnzyme Q10 & 3000mgs of Fish Oil/Omega threes.

Thanks what I do to keep my age a deep and dark secret!

7 comments:

  1. Took your advice a few months ago about CQ10 and have to say am feeling better on it! I just gotta bump up the C now....I was not sure how high you can go..I have taken C in a multi vitamin however...Prob not enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, Maria! Get you some...as funny as that sounds you will feel so much better..promise! Aaand...after a while you'll even start to look younger! DR. Oz is a huge supporter and cheerleader of Vitamin C and that it can not only extend your life but make your skin younger looking. I'm about to experiment w/spirulina and L-Carnosine! I need more more energy and spirulina is supposed to help w/that as well as be an anti-oxidant. L-Carnosine is supposed to be amazing for your brain function and help w/kids w/autism...so my kid and I will be "guinea pigs." It's a supplement that's not toxic (like too much Vitamin A or E?). Good luck w/the C and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and w/the CoQ10 I take 100-300 a day depending on how much I've smoked...heh, heh...but I just take 100mgs a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Momma, thanks for sharing. Couldn't agree more w Vita C, Fish Oil and CoQ10 use.
    As far as the facial cream, which one do you use? Do you have oily or dry skin? Thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edite A! Thanks for reading! I personally like Avalon's skin products for my CoQ10 skin regime; I use Dr. Perricone's Cold Plasma set (face and eyes) when I can afford it otherwise I hit the Vitamin Shoppe and get me Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid/Ester C/DMAE blend. I wash w/both Avalon and Perricone, btw. When I worked out or worked in the yard and get all sweaty I use Ahava Dead Sea soap, then the Perricone or Avalon. I used to have really oily skin but it's a bit more on the dry side now that I'm over the big 4-0. I would really love to try Perricone's Acyl-Glutathione to see if it will truly get rid of that wrinkle of concern, aka #11 between my eyes....I've heard it is a miracle worker, but have yet to try.

    What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I have major issues with my skin, cause I'm undergoing HRT for my hypothyroid. So I still break out really bad during pms. At times during the month my face is dripping oil and other times it's flaky and dry. Talk about the worst of both worlds :( So, I started using the Peter Thomas Roth blemish buster kit, but always gravitate back to my Aveeno foam wash (it's so gentle) and also use in combination with the Proactiv treatment when my breakouts are bad. For my eyes I use Strivectin SD. A little too heavy if you ask me.
    At this point I'm in my mid-thirties and I seriously need to start thinking about wrinkles al over my face. So, I want to give vitamin C creams a shot and maybe mix with some pure vitamin E concentrate. However, it's hard to find a percentage concentration on most packages, so I was excited to find that you had found a product that has 3-10% of vitamin C. Thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are most welcome! If you shop at the Vitamin Shoppe and sign up for their points program you can earn points that will thus earn you a gift certificate/coupon for $10 off and up! Revival is the Vitamin C cream. I do believe they have a combo w/the E as well but don't quote me on it. Check out their site and good luck! Sorry about the HRT therapy biting your butt proverbially...of course. My sister had some luck w/Proactiv but it stopped working after a while. I've been dying to try Strivectin! And yes, it is the time to really buckle down and take great care of your skin, girlfriend. And it sounds like you're on the right track! The reason why I'm mad for Dr. Perricone's products is he's the only skin care provider who didn't use an "infomercial" for his product but PBS to not only promote his skin care products (which he actually did not do but it made one research who he is) but his idealism for longevity and younger looking skin. Yes, his diet requires eating loads of wild salmon.

    ReplyDelete

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...