Friday, January 7, 2011

So, anyone out there ready to take on the "Coupon Challange?"







SOOOOO....I thought it would be a good idea for those of us who try to save as much as we can not only w/sales but using the 'ALMIGHTY' Coupons to comment and see how much we can save for one year. Yes, I just made the first official grocery shopping trip of the year and already on a great foot!

With what I bought along with the coupons I brought for pretty much every item PLUS the store savings, I saved with all the above:

$63.37

I ended up paying $64,91 for all my groceries. This is just a preview of what I do as I'm wondering what would be conducive in regard to the blog and giving great info for you. I can list what I've bought(I'll do that later, btw! LOL) along w/the coupons I've used and coinciding sales papers and then add the savings and what we've paid up to that point(and at that shopping trip) and let's really see if clipping and printing coupons is worth all it's weight in gold, yeah?

What say you? Give me a comment as to what you think would be a good idea re: the Coupon Challenge, and you TOO should do it, yeah? Come on! Let's save together!

3 comments:

  1. There is no doubt coupon clipping and printing is worth it's weight in gold...I keep a monthly total on all my savings and at the end of each year I add it all up. Then I start over again in January, itemizing each month at the bottom of my blog and the total saved since I started ( 2008 ) couponing at the top of my blog.

    A lot of couponers do a weekly challenge to spend under some amount, say $10.00 and aim to save over 50% or more. ( it's a challenge that's my personal best for me, I don't compete with anyone else ) The winner would be the one who saved the most. ( no prize necessary, just fun to do )

    I have seen people save up to 90 % at the drug stores, not as much at the grocery stores. You could do a weekly linky thing where people post a photo of what they bought and how much they saved...takes time to set up and keep going.

    Thanks for visiting my blog too.
    Hugs,
    Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I post my shopping trips with a picture and sometimes an itemized list of what I bought...depends on how much time I have to post after a trip.

    Total retail: $ before coupons including tax
    Total coupons used: $
    Out of pocket cost: $ including tax

    Whatever you choose to do is your own style and what you have time for...it's your blog so go for it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the ideas and tips, Nonna! I think the monthly review is a great idea, then at the end of the year add it all up and "voila!" You're such an inspiration! I knew I followed you for some great reason...snicker!!

    I also laughed at what you do for your weekly challenge(as it's still a challenge for me too and do NOT dare anyone to go against me, as I surely will lose since I'm still a "newbie" at this..ROFL! I just need to bone up a bit more, yeah?

    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...