Sunday, January 16, 2011

So, another thing for me to complain about...

I told you there would be rants! Anyway...my old monitor's plug broke in my VGA card plug that's in the back of my hard drive. Yup, I haven't been on lately due to technical difficulties which are now resolved.

So, I googled "computer repair services" with my zip code and came up with several that were more or less downtown, the "Geek Squad" at Best Buy and a small company in Chinatown called "Advance Electronic Computer" on Archer Avenue in that little Chinatown Square mall next to Walgreens. Tan, I'm assuming the owner of AEC did an amazing and fast job! He had my VGA card up and out replaced with a new one and voila! Here I am...He only took TEN MINUTES! I called other places including the "Geek Squad" with most not even giving me a diagnosis(so to speak) unless I shelled out 50 bones just for them to look at it, and be given a replacement cord, which is not what I needed. I needed the pin out of the female part for the VGA card where you plug in your monitor which is located in the rear of your hard drive tower as one of the pins from the male part/plug came out and is lodged in the female/plug in site on the hard drive. Even after I explained what was wrong I kept getting, "uh, you'll have to bring it in because I have to evaluate the situation."

But not from Tan.

BTW, did you understand me when I mentioned what happened to my computer, because I explained it exactly the way you see it typed up there, and I had pretty much everyone except Tan from AEC not know what the hell I was yakking about. And the funny thing? Everyone who didn't know what I was talking about was full blooded American! Yes, Si, toda Americano Chicago accents, and the wonderful and talented Tan had a total adorable Mandarin accent, and excellet English! So, you tell me? Perhaps the Americans were just 1) Idiots, 2) High, 3) Thinking about the Bears game and Lord of the Rings or 4) All the above.

I pick 1! Want Tan to fix your computer fast and at a great price? Hit me back if you're in the Chicagoland area! I'll give out his info!

1 comment:

  1. I worked on family and friends computers. I used to bring home a different computer from work every night charging $10-30.

    ReplyDelete

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...