Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sick old girl....once again!



A huge, warm shout out to Lisa Marie Miles for allowing me to borrow this image, as it's totally me....as we speak.

Yup! Sick again...this time it's ALL asthma related. Turns out my asthma has become worse w/the colder than usual weather here in Chicago, thus making it almost impossible for me to breathe. Thank God though it's nothing too serious or contagious, etc...the damnedest thing is one thing that has helped ease my cough is an old wives' tale remedy with a slice of lemon covered with powdered black pepper and salt...you suck on that and you'll stop coughing for a couple of hours. Crazy, no? But it works! I wonder why....anyone?

A bit earlier than usual I'm including this week's "cheap and easy" w/an actual freebie you can redeem at your local grocery store.

A free avocado! YUM! Get you some healthy fats in you this holiday season! Make some guacamole or just chew down on it!

Click on this link HERE FOR A FREE AVOCADO!

Also, I'm waiting for some comments re: the Zabar's girl in "You've Got Mail." Who was the cashier in that movie? First correct comment/answer will receive a free $10 off "Il Vicinato" in Chicago restaurant.com gift certificate.

Get 'er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...