Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cheater chili/chili dogs for dinner!



Well, it looks like an easy peasy dinner night as I'm still sick as a dog, my family is completely hopeless and helpless when it comes to...anything in the house that needs to be done, IE, laundry, cleaning, putting dishes away, putting toys/books away, ANYTHING to do w/cooking, etc... Goodness! What will they do when I run off and marry either George Clooney or Daniel Radcliffe?

Along with my impending illness of Cooties Maximus, I thought I'd make something to warm up my DH as he's outside shoveling snow in a tantrumesque manner due to the fact the Chicago Bears are playing quite poorly. And they have home advantage! Anyway....want the recipe for my "Cheater Chili?" Here goes:

One LB of ground beef(or ground turkey, or a mixture of both!)
1 15 Oz can of chili beans(must be chili beans. You can use generic, store brand, Aldi brand, etc...)
Chili powder 1/4 teaspoon(to taste actually)
Onion powder or 1/4 cup diced onion(optional)
1/2 cup of chunky tomato/spaghetti marinara sauce.

Brown your ground beef on medium heat until it's pretty much completely cooked, adding your onions about half way(if you're using onions and not onion powder). Drain and put back on stove, adding beans, sauce, chili powder and onion powder now(if you're not adding real onions) and cooking beans to can instructions.

Serve as is, on hot dogs, w/a garnish of more onions and cheese and of course...crackers!

Let me know if you tried this and how it came out, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...