Friday, July 13, 2012


So I have a pain in my knee...and my butt...j/k. But the pain in my knee is making me feel like Jimmy Stewart in "Rear Window." I'm slightly immobile, can't get as much done as I'd like and I don't have the room for a wheel chair and am constantly looking out our window. I have the binoculars on me so it's actually kinda fun to "spy" on what my neighbors are up to during the daytime hours. Not a whole lot; so I'm not quite like Jimmy Stewart. Just the immobile bit perhaps.

I did find out that whilst off work for a bit I was able to catch up on things, like my blogging, facebooking, movie watching, couponing and sleeping. I also found up my KUTAS is worse (KUTAS = Kids Up The Arse Syndrome). I know it can be annoying to have my ankle biters at me constantly; and again I have no bathroom privacy, but I figure this:

My son will soon be in high school, so as he's an adolescent he's not annoyed with me, yet. IE, he still tolerates me and I've yet to embarrass him to the point where I have to drop him off a block away from school. Since that's the case, I welcome my son w/his KUTAS. And our daughter is just past toddler-hood so she'll be clinging all the way til SHE'S a teener. Hopefully I'm raising them right, re: they both realize we are family; they're all they have next to mom and dad (which is true); they are brother and sister and thus shouldn't fight with each other.

So, I actually don't mind the intrusions, the constantly "mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mom. MAAAAHM!" like a pesty fly buzzing in my ear. I don't mind the constant questions as much anymore, the constant watching of kiddie movies. Before I know it, my kid will be off to college and I'll be missing him...thinking of how much I wish he'd just barge into the bathroom without knocking to ask me what's for dinner, whether I'm on the toilet or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...