Thursday, July 12, 2012

Arm and Hammer's new deoderant sucks.



























































"My, grandma; what a big...uh...container of deoderant you have..." LOL! Wow. It IS quite huge, init?

OK then.

You heard right. I am incredibly disappointed. We recently purchased this newer type of deodorant from Arm and Hammer called "Essentials Natural Deodorant" and were very excited as we be biggin' fans of Arm and Hammer products (the original deodorant, the laundry soap, I use baking soda for almost everything from cleaning to cooking, and...so forth. In fact, if you want a great tip on how to get your whites really white, hit me w/a message or comment and I'll tell ya my secret!!), and the price is a buck at this time at Jewel/Osco, and with a 50cent coupon? Uh, hello?

We have a bit of a concern re: aluminum products in our deodorants and the possible connection to Alzheimer's. We've been pro-active in finding a deodorant/antiperspirent. We saw on a TV show on ION where a young man mentioned deodorants with aluminum don't allow the toxins to be released as you sweat, which is what you need to do when you sweat especially near your nodes. So we finally were thrilled to find Arm and Hammer have a product that has no aluminium yet touts being an anti-perspirant/deodrant.

It does not work at all.

After wearing it for all of an hour it proved it's lack of efficiency; IE, I sweated like mad still, it has a really strong scent before you put it on then an odd aroma (we purchased the scented version) after you wear if for a while. The aroma or "smell" resembles a really bad air freshener, you know the kind that restaurants have in their bathrooms....and gets worse the more you sweat. And you will sweat. You sweat bad...and you stink. And you (well, I do most certainly) smell....and I smell bad....very, very VERY bad. Like stinky old socks that have been on a homeless guy who's walked the entire planet starting with Africa. In fact, I actually smelled worse wearing this product than foregoing deodorant, which I'd rather do with just a touch of powder under the ole' pits.

According to their web site, ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda Essentials Deodorant ingredients consist of natural plant extracts to absorb and fight odor (nope, don't work...see above). Essentials® Deodorant does not contain aluminum, parabens, colorants or animal-derived ingredients (Arm and Hammer doesn't have animal ingredients? Who's ARM is in it then?). This fragrance is sure to leave you feeling fresh (initially when you first put it under your arms) and clean (not really) with its blend of sparkling citrus (what sort of citrus?), fresh lavender (lavender? Naaaah....not lavender. I wear lavender body spray, I have lavender potpourri, body creams/lotions that I use regularly; I grow lavender, I live in lavender! Think I like it a little bit?) and soft florals (the scent is anything but soft...what sort of flower do they speak of? Plastic flowers?). Furthermore, AM/ED has according to the ingredient list triclosan which is is an anti-bacterial in AB soaps and hand sanitizers that contributes to bacterial resistance.

So, uh...yeah; not on my top list of products I'd buy for even a .25 with a coupon. Just too bad of a product.

What say you? Have you tried this as of yet? Did it work for you or no? Hit me back w/a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...