Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The evil-ness that is Serta bedding.....


Or "may" be Serta depending on how they finish our issue. I may have a change of heart....

So, we participated in a 2012 President's Day sale via Macy's where the Serta beds that are originally $899 were on sale or $297!!!! Wowsers!!! Aaand...with all my research re: said beds along w/other beds that were on sale during the same time I found via the internet, Consumer Reports, other blogs, etc...that a Serta is actually the best out of all them there beds aside from getting one of them space-age Sleep Number/Tempur Pedic-esque beds that start @ $1000 and up.

So, we were EXTREMELY happy with our Serta and even got a free little sheep that I've had to keep under lock and key away from the wee ones...as I AM a stuffed animal fan even at my ripe old age of... over 18.

We had a 90 day warranty from Macy's, but since the "incident" occurred just after that; turns out we needed to make a report to the Serta customer services reps. We were told if there was significant damage that had nothing to do w/how our bed was set up, it was covered under their 1-10 year limited warranty.

Turns out our bed which is a queen was set up properly, IE, in a queen frame w/the middle support bar. We didn't stand nor do w/stand on it nor allow the kids to jump on it; we don't even let the dogs on our bed.

So thus came the incident: we broke our bed. Not in any fun way mind you...dang! We were just getting down for the night, I on my side my ball/chain on his when we heard a 'CRAAAAAAAAAACK!'

Turns out the boxspring which is totally made out of a cheap pine type of wood broke in three places; in the middle where it rests on the support bar (this was the supporting beam of the boxspring) and two breaks near the head of the bed.

So, today the official Serta Bed Inspector (who really has that title? What sort of training do you need to be an official Serta Bed Inspector? Can you imagine someone telling one at a bar or a single mingle...."uh, yeah; I'm an official bed inspector for Serta customers.' ?? LOL! I'd probably laugh in his face but it's out there, yo! Wonder if that's happened at any single mingles; I must find out!). The inspector didn't even have to look twice; he saw all the damage; assessed our situation and the manner of how the bed was placed and voila. Well, we're now waiting for our replacement which will be w/in a week and I shall post the happs of that...promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...