Friday, October 2, 2009

Aprica strollers....one of the WORSE strollers EVER made for city streets.


YUP! They are horrible! They're sharp looking, lightweight and convenient when you have to walk the baby in winter as the Calais Royale/Super Zap Prestige version(which we own and if you see the image, that is the exact one we have) has a mechanism where you can make the handle flip to the other side so baby is facing you and not the biting winds of Chicago. Along the lines of a carriage, or pram. It's also kinda cool in regard to when you fold it up it will stand upright without having to put the brakes on the wheels, or having to lean it against something, like the wall. Pretty cool actually.....


That's the only plus....


This is the flimsiest stroller I've ever used.


I have two umbrella strollers(which are actually sturdier than the Aprica if you can believe that!), a jogging stroller and a huge monstrosity of a stroller that has a cup holder and a huge basket at the bottom for carrying a diaper bag, purse, even the dog can fit in there. We call that one "the beast" as it's huge, it's clunky, it's awkward, but it's sturdy! The handle feels like I'm riding a Harley or something classic like that and I have no stress on my hand or arm(as I have chronic tendonitis). And it can hold my coffee cup no problem as it has a nice, deep and sturdy cup holder right at the top for me to grab my homemade lattes no matter what mug I use.
Well, obviously if I use the enormous ceramic mug it won't fit..duh. But...you get the idea.....
My baby can recline and snooze while I run about and manuever over the streets/sidewalks of Chicago effectively and not worry about disturbing her as there are shock absorbing springs atop each wheel. I don't worry about the stroller falling apart like I felt about the Aprica. The plastic on my Aprica Calais Royale feels so fragile I felt as if it was about to break after rolling over every crack on every sidewalk and over every curb; the wheels have those adjustable brakes that come undone constantly, leaving me in an uncontrollable mess; the mini basket at the bottom can barely carry a loaf of bread and is always coming undone with every single trip we make with the stroller. The handle is stressfull to my tendonitis and there is no cup holder.
And I cannot BELIEVE they sell this piece of garbage for over $200! I swear, ya just slap on a fancy name and state how it's made in Italy near the pope, you can dupe everyone.
And there isn't a cup holder either!
My only problems with the "beast" is it's quite heavy, it takes up too much trunk space in a car, and the shade is minimal, thus I have a bonnet on the baby's head on sunny days.
The "beast" is sturdy, reliable, fit both car seats well even though the second and much bigger car seat was a totally different brand name than the stroller. It has a dual handle where you can either use one hand (like a single handlebar) which is in the middle of the stroller or both for the classic stroller handle.
I got the "beast" free from a Freecycler. The "beast" is an Evenflo.
What kind of stroller do you have? Which stroller do you think is the best? Let me know....


2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I actually loved reading through your blog. In these days many internet sites tend to be spammed with a write-up which are not specialized.
    Many thanks for doing such a great job dealing with this topic.
    I'll, most likely be returning go through the future content articles.
    Also see my site: strollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks so much for reading! I like to write as if I'm speaking to you over coffee at my kitchen table...LOL! I don't mince words nor do I lessen them, as I tend to ramble on a bit....LOL! You know, I really was disappointed in this horribly expensive stroller..and the price of strollers these days? As if! When I was preggers and did research on strollers we heard some good stuff about Aprica's but better stuff about the Graco's. I love the Aprica's look; it was horrible....but the "beast?" Oooh, mah friend! Mm hm!!! We gave it to a good home when our daughter outgrew it (along w/the newborn seat which fit nicely atop the "beast.")

    ReplyDelete

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...