Monday, November 5, 2012

Try Wen? What say you?

Yesh, I am on that eternal hunt for the pseudo fountain of youth I can buy in a jar within a reasonable price range. I was, for some time using the Ojon hair products for coloured hair along with the Ojon Oil Restorative Hair Treatment, which gave the illusion of energy and brightness to my so-called natural hair color.

I'm not Emmylou Harris but I don't want white hair.....yet.

And I get that often, IE: "your hair IS amazing! What do you do?" I use what's called a so-called sulfate free very expensive shampoo I initially tried w/a sample (that was a reluctant thing to produce from the Ojon reps at Sephora, but that little sample made a huge difference, thus I am now an Ojon lover...samples DO work, yo!).

Anywho, I'd like to know if anyone has personally tried Wen and if so, how great is it? You know how informercials plug everything up, have annoying hosts (in God awful sweaters) and just have the worse writers for their scripts. I think the McKinley High Sober Students Improv Group from "Freaks and Geeks" could have done a better infomercial, IMO.

Let us know, please? I thank you evah so!

4 comments:

  1. I have often wondered, after a couple of years of seeing the infomercials. One thing, though. Notice how limp the hair looks. Because my hair is thinner than it was in my youth, I am guessing it is going to be too heavy for my hair.

    Contrary to the "infomercial speak," sometimes the hair looks limp. That being said, I would give it a try once. It would be interesting to see how it is on a man's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it would! All these personal care products don't focus enough on men. My hubb wants to try this as well. We are intrigued! However, Joe's hair is like a white man's afro; coarse, thick (hate him for that) and just grows like a weed. I'm afraid that the heaviness of the conditioning solution will weigh the hair so much I'd build up my shoulders to a footballers level. American football or otherwise....Thanks for your comment, Bernie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebody gave me the Wen. Her friend had gotten it for her (because she has perm-y dry hair). She didn't like it because she thought it weighed her hair down a little and it couldn't be as big as she likes it. It smells wonderful (I think it as cherry and almond scented). It made my thin, color treated, naturally curly, slightly oily hair super soft and not as big as it gets if left on its own. This is fine with me. Friend thought it felt like your hair does after a deep conditioning, which I like. L'Oreal has a sulfate-free cleansing conditioner that is a similar feel, if you want to try it out before shelling out more that $8. It doesn't smell nearly as good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the input, Fly Right! I was about to invest in this myself but it is a bit steep and I've been eyeballing the L'Oreal sulfate-free cleansing conditioner and now may actually try it thanks to you! I don't mind about the scent as long as it's not funky, you know? Plus, I put other leave in conditioners that make my hair smell fabulous, like my newly discovered macadamia oil which smells like vanilla!

    ReplyDelete

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...