Monday, November 5, 2012

The blueberry mystery is finally solved!


Sorry I've taken so long to get back re: the girls, aka the absolutely gorgeous blueberry bushes. Well, things have been hectic w/a funeral and now I'm ready to settle down for a bit and tell you the ending of our story.

Bret Ritter from Glenn Walters Nursery in Dayton Ohio has been more than a customer service rep on behalf of Home Depot (his company provides most of the fruit bearing plants to HD all over the USA). He has come through for us in regard to the problem of HD not knowing the difference between a flowering "bush" for decoration and blueberries and was not only an informative rep for Glenn Walters, but a gentleman to boot! Something very rare these days. I know; I'm quite the Jane Austen addict and expect a man to behave accordingly, and Mr. Ritter did so. It boiled down to lack of communication via Home Depot and their employees, which is a sad thing especially for someone such as I (IE: a big mouthed, very opinionated consumer who isn't afraid to flex a few hand muscles to type out a complaint to whom it may concern.

You know I'll give the devil "his" due but if you provide crap service, I shall write crap of said service.

So, nyah!

Anyway...

The girls are ready to go to sleep for the winter and will be hopefully full bloom by the end of spring and I'm hoping we get fruit out of them by summer's end. I will take pics! Promise! If you're ever in southern Ohio, check out Glenn Walters and say "hi" to Bret for me.

On a sadder note, let us give a moment of silence to a fallen hero. Chicago Fire Captain Herbie Johnson lost his life last week in the line of duty. I had the honor of meeting Herbie and his wife Susan at a function some time ago on the south side and couldn't have met a more pleasant, hilarious and just plain fun couple. Absolutely charming. Information is via the link below, funeral arrangements will be this Wednesday at St. Rita's on Western Avenue (the old Quigley South Seminary). For more info re: services and a fund set up for Herbie and his family go HERE

God bless the Johnsons!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...