Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The whitest teeth are made using.....







So, FYI this is according to my OWN extremely scientific study which entailed of me brushing for two weeks with each of the shown toothpastes. Also, just so you know not a single one of these companies are giving me any compensation. This is just FYI....however, I did use copious amounts of both store and manufacturer coupons, thus giving me quite the amazing discount! First, we'll start with:

Colgate Optic White. I was able to use said coupons w/a sale that gave me three tubes gratis! Now, for one week ONLY I (as according to the packaging claims, their toothpaste will whiten teeth within a week) did the usual brushing...ladeedah...twice/three times a day...whatever, well; actually, I think I missed a day due to being self-medicated for my knee w/a nice cold glass of a dark ale. Perhaps it was actually five pints...I forget. Mind you, I am a coffee/soda drinker (coffee pretty much every day) and a smoker...plus I'm closer to middle age than Middle Earth, so ya know I have some age....

Then, I went to the Crest 3D White Vivid, did the same and missed a day or two as well and paid a whopping dollar for three tubes w/same said coupon procedure.

Then, last but not least I finished up w/Rembrandt Dazzling White I had an old sample of sitting at the bottom of my toiletries shoebox I was organizing.

Well, here is what I've noticed re: these products.

Some work really well, some don't do "jack" except make your breath smell minty..and some kinda sort work.

According to MY very scientific experiment I found that the Colgate did not work in whitening my teeth. Now mind you; according to "their" claims, Colgate states Optic White has the same active ingredients as whitening strips. Well....I beg to differ. The pretty red packaging made me use this first and I really was rooting for Colgate...and I'm usually not a fan of the color red but I liked the idea of a "red carpet" mentality for the TV ad. Now it did leave my breath fresh; not as fresh as I'd like since I still smelled like a minty smoking coffee pot after one of each and breathing on my official tester (AKA, my husband). Uh...whitening? Not quite...it hardly made a difference. It was as if I used a stronger and brighter tasting version of my usual w/out the excessive baking soda taste brand of toothpaste. The tube was easy to maneuver w/a flip top cap, the paste had a soft consistency, somewhat grainy, smelled medicinal, and had much more of a bite in the taste, IE, burnt my tongue a bit which was very uncomfortable. Price wise if you have stackable coupons you can get this for close to nothing as the ballpark price is $2.49 for a 4 oz tuber.

Next after a week break I tried the Crest 3D Vivid, which claims whiter teeth and removal of up to 80% of most stains within 2 weeks...well, I only had one week and I actually saw results....in one week.


ONE WEEK! A friend of mine who is working on taking the stains from years of coffee/ciggies off her teeth and after using Crest 3D I've noticed a big difference in her teeth. Well, hells bells I was sold. I love the bright and big blue box! It reminds me of a Blu-ray DVD. Plus, I LOVE blue! The paste came out easy like soft frosting with a flip top cap, the consistency of the product was soft and creamy...not too spicy re: taste and left a really bright and fresh taste in my mouth even after a ciggie and coffee....according to my scientific official tester. Price is comparable to Colgate w/a ballpark price of $2.99 for a 5.8 oz tuber, then get you stackable coupons...badda bing, voila, yadda yadda...

Then....I tried the Rembrandt.

Now mind you, Rembrandt was a bit more extensive with its directions (IE, specifically brush for about 2.5 minutes and leave on w/out rinsing for another 2.5 minutes..something like that) PLUS it's a four week program. Also, it was a sample. Now what in the name of all that is holy is Rembrandt thinking giving ONE sample of an item you need to use for 4 WEEKS? Humpf! Well, I only gave a timeframe of one week...and with all that plus instructions on putting on a hat (J/K), and would you believe the results? Amazing! My teeth got even whiter w/in a week but my breath didn't feel as fresh as it did w/the Crest 3D. I was excited about the results though. From what I've seen online the packaging is somewhat medicinal looking, as if it's a product from a dentist office...not that I mind that but that's what I thought when I look at the Rembrandt. The paste was really thick and a bit hard to get out of the classic tube (IE, not a flip top tube), grainy and had both a medicinal taste and smell. My mouth didn't burn with this paste either and it made my breath fresh and teeth smooth like glass, but it was a bit of a pain to deal with the 2-3 minute timeframe you need to make this product work. Price is (ballpark) around $12 for a four week supply.

So, my verdict? I personally like the way Rembrandt whitened my teeth pretty quickly, but since I only had a week to test and it was after using the other products and if that's the case re: why my teeth got whiter, than...bully for me! My teeth are whiter and if I skip a day I just use both Rembrandt and Crest 3D...heh, heh.... Overall, re: price and effectiveness, I believe I'll take the Crest 3D if I had coupons and really needed toothpaste, otherwise I'll invest in Rembrandt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...