Saturday, November 27, 2010

So much for a peaceful Thanksgiving....

We were all ready to sit down and eat dinner when my son had a seizure. It's a horribly scary thing to see your own kid get all rigid, and just shake, and drool, and seize.... The thing is, we've had tests after tests done, and it's inconclusive. It's just a fact some kids w/autism(doesn't matter if they're high or low functioning) just happen to have occasional seizures. It only lasted about a minute and a half, but it was a grande mal(IE, a big one) and it's still scary. He felt somewhat OK despite having a headache, being crabby and being a bit groggy. We eventually did eat with my son coming up to us asking for dinner, so we were kind of along the lines of that episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" where Debra and Marie made the soy turkey and Ray ordered Thanksgiving dinner from an outside company and they all got up late and ended up having a second Thanksgiving dinner late at night, everyone in their PJ's...it was a great moment! For us, that is; we were in our PJ's as well, ate after 8:30PM(not quite ideal if you're somewhat watching what and when you're eating, but then again, along the lines of the ever wise and absolutely amazing Erma Bombeck:

"What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? No One Diets on Thanksgiving, 26 November 1981

I really hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! And no dieting....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a scary experience with your son. I've only experienced a seizure once when my daughter was a baby. That was over 20+ years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday! Glad you were eventually able to enjoy all the food!

    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog, I'm doing the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! Thank God your daughter hasn't had a seizure since then...and I hear ya, re: dinner. It was something my poor son really wanted to do, which was eat turkey....the silly boy.

    Thanks for the comment and take care! See you around on either board/blog!

    ReplyDelete

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...