Thursday, November 18, 2010

OK, time to talk "turkey" and this week's "Cheap and easy."

Wow, it's actually here w/in a week! Thanksgiving! I'm sure you have plans to either cook or go somewhere to eat, cook, etc...us? Well, my "ball and chain" is on call so we'll just hang here, and hopefully he won't get a call. It's a bit "bleh" as I really wanted to go to the Macy's parade on State Street, but...oh well.... And our families? We don't hang w/our families as...well, his mother is always working on Thanksgiving(I think I can remember one Thanksgiving where she didn't work...and this is after being together for 18 years), and my mother hates my husband. Why? Oy, don't ask! I just want to avoid all negativity, and she gets so riled up at the mere presence of my husband; and there's no reasoning with her much less him, so I leave it alone. Who needs to raise your blood pressure and get all pissy over...nothing, really?

Did you all get everything you need? I have to get the turkey, ASAP. I do have some decent coupons for a Butterball and Target has a pretty decent sale on Butterballs. Yup! I have to get everything!

Defrosting your turkey will take 24 hours per 4/5 lbs per bird. If I were you and you had you a 30 lb turkey, pull him out NOW and keep it in the 'fridge on the bottom shelf in the back.

Speaking of coupons and turkey, here's the link to Butterball's website, where they also have a nice selection of coupons including a rebate if you're into that...I used to be but I always forget, I'd have receipts, etc...piling up and then the rebates would expire. Anyway...click on this link HERE for turkey savings!!!

Happy Thursday, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...