Tuesday, March 20, 2012

So, does this make me a snob?






Yeah; I was wondering as I wander aimlessly and most usually with a purpose when it comes to our 'hood, aka McKinley Park where I happened upon an old friend. Now, by no means am I Mizz North Shore La-dee-dah where I trot aimlessly and/or w/a purpose in designer clothes often...but I do have 'em. Nor am I judgemental if I happen to wear and notice Walmart, Target, etc...clothing. Actually, them there regular department stores have come a long way w/fashions. They don't last as long as say...you purchase them at Macy's or what have you...but they're nice! In fact, I found an exquisite pattern of fabric at the fabulous Jo-Ann's. It's that elastic type of top w/a decent length of fabric to just measure out, cut and sew together to make a rockin' sun dress...it's black w/huge cherries on it; V. Rockabilly, I tell ya! Anywho....It was well over $4 bones a yard...I put it into my mental file as I wandered over to Walmart who sold the EXACT SAME FABRIC for a buck .99!!!!! Groovy deal, dudes; I bought ten yards as I wish to make a mommy and me dress set for me and the wee bairn lassie...

But I digress:

So, trekking along w/the zoo I happened upon an old friend. We start yakkin' away when suddenly a couple of dudes walked up to us and were walking an enormous Neapolitan Mastiff. How do I know such details? Uh, that's Hagrid's dog from Harry Potter...anywho....the two dudes who were impressed w/my doggie knowledge and ended up being father and son were dressed......uh, how shall I say this delicately? Like a couple of homeless dudes...and they stunk. Badly....I felt like the snobbish dude at Chez Paul in the "Blues Brothers." "May we get another table from those...men? They smell. I mean...they smell...bad." That's how I felt. And the son who was well in his 20s had....no teeth, and as he spoke going on impressed with "how did you know" questions a-constant about my doggie knowledge...let's just say I just about fell over w/that stank. Whew...Now, I am NOT holding against him nor his father, who looked equally gross; but at least I go out in clean clothes; not stankin' all up and breathin' on folks! Come now; have a bit of dignity, peeps. Futhermore; the reasoning behind all this silly judgemental-ness (is that a word? Snicker....), the son had approached me on his bike last winter asking for $2 bucks or a smoke.....which I obliged (the smoke, not the moolah).

Anyway....just rambling...have a lovely day! It's going to be 85 degrees F in Chicago today....March 20th....2012. Crazy, baby!

BTW, thanks to all w/suggestions re: putting muzak on my new 'droid. Turns out our Toshiba is a chick, and was just tempermental. I had tried plugging her in....and no dice. All of a sudden she want's to cooperate.....

Perhaps she had her period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...