Monday, July 11, 2011

Sigh....yes, I know....been a long time...


So, we're finally moved from our slumlord from hell but from wonderful neighbors(it's both a curse and blessing) and we're slowly but surely unpacking as much as we can as we're now in a house! I've also had to deal w/a sick toddler who had a fever of 102 for the entire Fourth of July weekend. Turned out it was viral, nothing more could be done, IE, we "force-fed" the baby Pedialyte, water, vitamins, ibuprofen, etc... She's finally fine, coming around beautifully and is her usual, screaming, beating up on my son and the dog self.

I've also been working with the most beautiful, blond Polish basket case. Well, SHE calls herself a basket case. I call myself her handle for her basket case. She's my mother from another, a wonderful woman whom I have the pleasure of being allowed to call her "mom" as well. LOVE you Momma Mary!!!! Now if she can only lay off the bananas as she's bananas about bananas!

BTW, she's the beautiful blond in the leopard coat on the far right in the B&W photo circa January 3rd, 1948.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, very nice photo that is. And gratz on moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, HeadAche! Can you believe that coat? It's a real leopard from Evans Furrier from the late 1940s. Most definitely an "Antique's Roadshow" item!

    ReplyDelete

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...