Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why is it.....


Kids always want what they can't have. Or shouldn't have? Is this just human nature? The lure of so-called "forbidden fruit," which if it IS human nature, this has been with us since the dawn of man...

...and woman.

Actually, I really just notice this attitude mainly with men and kids. Not so much with women. Probably because our lives are full of stuff we shouldn't have and don't want, how much more trouble it would be to have something we really want but CAN'T have....uh...in my regard...to hell with that noise.

My life is in such an uproar w/my autistic son, toddler daughter, co-dependant beagle and aging cocker spaniel(who will be 16 on December 23rd! She's in great shape...she just friggin' smells!), oh...and my high maintenance husband, who will be going on seasonal unemployment very soon...so WTF do I need more trouble?

For instance, my daughter makes it a point to let EVERYONE know how miserable she is if she doesn't get the toy Ian's playing with. When he's kind enough to relent and let her have it...she drops it...then runs after the dogs. Attention span of a sock, I tell ya....a clean sock...but a sock nonetheless.

I just find it amusing that when someone gets said possesion(IE, the one they shouldn't have? Keep up) after the initial and long enduring chase, they most likely will drop it, get tired of it and...move on to another possession they cannot nor should have.

I'm just saying....I'm finishing up the final touches on my term paper for psych class and this is actually one of the topics. It all goes into the "green eyed monster" category....I'll let you know what grade I got and maybe even post the paper...

...well, I'll post it if it's a good grade.

BTW....what are you doing to celebrate the holidays? We're going to hopefully see the "A Christmas Story" exhibit in Hammond, Indy, and go hit the Christkindlemarket here in Chicago....btw...aside from buying "stuff" you may really want and can't have, Christkindlemarket is free as is the "A Christmas Story" exhibit. It's only five dollars to see Santa and go down the slide over cloud mountain. Check out your local skating rinks, Lincoln Park Zoo, Navy Pier and the holiday CTA train....all freebies to do over the Christmas break w/your kiddies. A cheap thing to do w/the kiddies is to take the Metra over the weekend from one stop all the way to another....five bucks per adult for the ENTIRE weekend and kiddies are still gratis!

...what say you?

2 comments:

  1. I live in Naperville and take the Metra downtown almost every other weekend with my kids! Such a great idea...it's cheap, and you can get off the train and traverse all over downtown for as long as you want, then just get back on and go home...all for the price of $5! I've never been to Christkindle....is it crowded and kid friendly? Thanks! Great blog...

    Jenni/Naperville mommie of five kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni: it's very kid friendly. They have Santa in a little tiny house ready to take kids on his lap...they let you use your own camera for photos(not like the department stores/malls), they have food, hot chocolate and a huge train layout that is pretty cool. Plus the enormous menorah and ridiculous Christmas tree(which resembles something out of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is there for them to "ooh" and "aaah" over. Take them via Metra..that'll make a great adventure...sorry it's late for me replying...my son had a bad seizure and we're taking him to get an EEG tomorrow...so things have been a bit....eeeh...all over.

    ReplyDelete

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...