Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My son knows who the Grateful Dead is....


Really. He does! I too was quite surprised. So, we're at Target today and we're checking out the dollar section (my favorite section, FYI) when I came across a couple of cute items w/the Grateful Dead's dancing bears on them...one a keyring. I was going to get two but put one back when all of a sudden my son, Ian yells, "I want one please mom!" I told him "you don't need it. You don't even know who they are." "Who, mom?" he asks. "These guys? The dancing bear guys." I said, "read the keyring." "The Grateful Dead?" he replies, looking at the keyring. I then notice from the corner of my eye a woman was circling around, checking out the merchandise as well and probably waiting for Ian to answer correctly. "But who are the Grateful Dead," I asked. He replied without a single pause, "they played music at Woodstock." This woman let out a snort and laughed out loud and said "I guess you have to let him have the keyring, he answered you correctly." I was floored! I too cracked up, my silly boo. But then again, w/my obsession of Woodstock probably led him to answer the question correctly.
Let's see what he answers when I ask him what songs did they sing at Woodstock......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to voice your opinion or just say "wow, funny article! Wow, funny face, WOW funny kids? Then just do that...right here....

Story of an "unknown" soldier.....

OK, now here’s the story about that headstone. Back in late summer my kids, mother and I went to Resurrection Cemetery to pay respect to ...